Thursday, August 28, 2008

Served

I got served -

my staging packet! It came in the mail yesterday. Inside this hefty package was everything I need to know about my first day as Peace Corps Trainee and how to get there. Also, there's a compact disc with more info, another Volunteer handbook, a handbook for my family, and some miscellaneous paperwork.

Today, I am making travel arrangements to the East coast. Wish me luck - flying across the nation is not an easy feat.

Staging starts Saturday, September 20 at 1 p.m. Nowhere on the list does it say "Immunizations" - so now I am worried when they will stick that in (get it...stick it in...I am so funny). Ugh...I hate shots.

Anyway, after two days of fun, I leave the United States at 9:35 p.m. on Monday, September 22. I fly to Frankfurt and then on to Baku. I arrive in Baku at 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

It's so on.