Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let's Get Political


Tuesday was Primary Day here in Alaska. I love voting days - well, really, I love the sticker you get for voting. Stickers are cool.

The best thing about Primary Day was it turned out to be just one stop in the Tour D'Political for Nome. On Monday, my dad and I helped organize an Obama Rally (Obama's Alaska Office sent up a representative), Tuesday was Primary Day and another Obama event, Wednesday Alaska State Senator Donny Olson gave a Rotary presentation and on Friday, Alaska Senatorial Candidate and Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich will be in Nome!

Although, I am leaving the country in 25 days, I am pretty excited about this year's political climate. I am ecstatic at the number of young people taking notice of today's issues. I cannot wait until November - well, actually 60 days earlier for me as I get a special Absentee Ballot!