Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dr. Stang & Roni ROCK!

I love Nome.  I love the people of Nome.  I love the community of Nome.  I love the essence of Nome.

Okay, okay.  I know I am going a little overboard here with love for Nome, but I've got to say, this town is awesome.  Besides small-town Alaska, where can you walk down the street and have the doctor who delivered you, your third grade teacher, and the local Iditarod celebrity call out your family nickname and ask you how your truck's transmission is working out?

Nome is great.  I can't begin to express my gratitute at having grown up in such a caring and loving town.  Just the other day, I went in for a quick dental adjustment and my dentist (the same guy whose worked on my chompers since I was knee high to a snow-go) gave me a Sonicare tooth brush, telling me to make sure I keep good care of my teeth while I serve in AZ.  How wicked sweet is that?

Thanks again Dr. Stang!  I have been seriously fretting over the lack of dental care I will receive over the next two years, but after reading all the online stuff about the Sonicare, I now feel like all of my worrying was for naught!