Monday, September 1, 2008

September Bashes

Before I began the countdown to my first day as a Peace Corps Trainee, I began the countdown to my birthday. I love birthdays. I am pretty lucky that my best friends Meghan and Regina also have September birthdays, as that means for the last several years, I have had some pretty kick-hiney birthday parties. I always believed the bigger - the better, the crazier - the more memories, and the more people - the better the food.

This is the first year in a very long time that I will celebrate my birth without my crew. Although, a piece of me is a bit sad, I am heartened by the fact that my friends plan on putting aside their "Löki birthday money" to help fund their eventual AZ excursion.

Which brings me to the point of this post, please don't get me any present now or in the future (Christmas, Kwaanza, birthdays, Halloween, etc). Save that money for some grand adventure or donate it to your favorite charity (I am a fan of Planned Parenthood).

I love birthdays, but I love visiting friends and family even better (and donating)!