Sunday, September 21, 2008

Warmed Up

I like visiting family.

In July of 2005, my family grew when the spiritual bonding of the Sichers to the Tobins was solidified during my cousin's marriage to their incredible (and quite handsome) son Matthew. Growing in family size is awesome and in November, our family will again celebrate another addition with the offspring of Jesse and Matthew.

During my Tour d'Tobin, I was meant to be put to hard work making a baby mattress with Jesse. Unfortunately, I got very sick before I arrived and have been unable to fulfill those "volun-told" duties.

Luckily, that meant I was free to volunteer for the Pennsylvania Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Festival. On Thursday, I gave up 4 hours of my time to earn a t-shirt (it's orange!) and to get free admission to the Festival on Friday.

And guess what Friday was? Colin Beavan (No Impact Man) keynote day! Woo-hoo. Even cooler, I wrote him and email and HE WROTE ME BACK!

Ah, my life is great. I am warmed up to volunteer. I am about to get the experience of a lifetime, and I didn't have to rub my cousin's butt (her hips are spreading).