Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mail Instructions & Mail Request List

For those (and I hope there are several) who are interested in mailing me anything, please read the following:

1. Consecutively number mailed items in an easy to find spot. That way, if one box or letter goes missing, we know which one it was and what was inside.

2. Please do not send superfluous items (this means you Lew Tobin). I have to pay to pick up my mail and the more is not always the merrier. Not to mention, I have to lug it all around with me.

3. Please do not send expensive stuff. Bank of the idea that all my mail will be thoroughly viewed before I get it.

4. Please do not send time sensitive items. It takes roughly 1 month for anything to get to me (unless you are willing to give up your PFD for shipping charges).

5. Insure your package. It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but at least it gives you (and me) some measure of protection if anything gets lost.

6. Check out USPS Azerbaijan Shipping Rates. Generally, a postcard will run you about $0.98, a Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope is $13.45, Priority Mail International Medium Flat-Rate Box $43.45 and a Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box is $55.95.

My mailing address is:

In Azerbaijani:

Löki Gale Tobin, PCV
Mǝrkǝz: Poçt
Tǝlǝb Edilǝnǝdǝk
Zaqatala, Azǝrbaycan
AZ 6200
Azerbaijan

In English:

Löki Gale Tobin, PCV
Central Post Office
Hold Upon Arrival
Zaqatala, Azerbaycan
AZ 6200
Azerbaijan

Sending your love is special enough, but if you are interested in sending any additional items - here are some things I appreciate from the States (updated 10/05/2010):
  • CoffeeVacuum sealed ground coffee (preferably locally roasted)
  • Pineapple
  • Baby corn
  • Peanut Butter
  • Hot apple cider packets
  • Brewer's Yeast
  • Tea (normal and caffeine free)
  • Vacuum sealed bacon
  • Any type of holiday candy or Swedish Fish
  • Chocolate chips
  • Stationary
  • Recipes
  • Brown sugar
  • Magazines (anything and everything)
  • Chocolate Bars (Green Guide to Go Chocolate Bar buying guide [link])
  • Dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, apples, mango)
  • Smoked salmon, smoked salmon
  • Molasses