How do you put two years of acclimation, assimilation and adaptation into a handy little paragraph? I mean, come on! That's like asking Löki to say Kirk was a better captain than Picard. It's impossible (literally, I almost had a conniption writing that sentence )!
So, to help all my Az6 friends prepare to re-entering the work force, I came up with some helpful buzz words that are sure-fire resume gold:
- Capable of long-range goal setting: Planning how best to use that one restroom break while on an 8 hour bus ride taught you this.
- Comfortable in a diverse range of settings: You're used to being the only one not getting what's going on - language barriers do that.
- Adaptable: When there's water, you drop everything to get home and turn on your pump, otherwise, your SOL until next Tuesday.
- Self-starter: You figured out how to re-attach your telephone cables and now your phone works, again!
- Independent and self-suffienct: You did spend every evening for 2 years entertaining yourself.
- Efficient user of time: Nothing teaches you how best to use your time when you've wasted hours waiting on the side of the road.
- Excellent at managing funds: You know what it is like to have 4 days to pay day and nothing but a box of lentils.
- Personable and great to work with...uh...you were a PCV.