Sunday, November 15, 2009

Löki Homemaker

Winter is here. Or at least, what I think winter in Azerbaijan is like. I am not really sure. I am slowly coming to the realization that an Alaskan's idea of winter and the rest of the world's idea of winter are vastly separate concepts.

At any rate, it's kind of cold outside and there are fewer people roaming the streets. This makes being outside less fun, so, I am staying inside. I am still running, but mostly, I sit at home and think up projects. Unfortunately, any person who visits me gets pulled into one of my hair brain schemes. Last week, I had 3 [Azerbaijani] girlfriends over to make friendship bracelets. I cooked a "traditional" American lunch (chicken fried steak, mashed taters, and sautéd spinach) and we sat in a circle and gossiped. It was great.

This weekend, I made a door draft snake and French Onion soup from scratch. Now, you may be thinking I caramelized the onions and then added the beef stock, and you are right. But, I made the beef stock. That's right. I made beef stock.

I am so ready to take over the world.