Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thanks Sharon



A few weeks ago, I published a blog post about homesickness. At first, I was scared to write the blog. What if people did not understand that even though I love my service, there are days where I contemplate returning home and hugging every person in sight? What if people thought I was whining? What if once I wrote it, it became even more true and I ended up ETing?

Even with all these questions, I still wrote the post. My service is about the good, the bad, the frustrating, and the funny. It is about how to navigate the Peace Corps system and expectations. It is about being an American overseas who wants to help, but isn't sure how. It is about everything that goes into international development.

At any rate, at the end of that post, I mentioned a taste of home would go a long way for easing my hurt and lo and behold, Sharon (and Mark!) sent that taste to me. Even though the cereal and soy milk (and coffee) were fantastic, it was the reminder that even though a huge body of water separates us, I am still connected to each and every one of you. That makes my heart smile.