Sunday, August 9, 2009

Homesickness (It Happens)

Back in AK, I never got homesick. Sure, I spent semesters away from my family, but they called so much that we should have bought stock in AT&T. Come to think of it, my dad did get a 1-800 number...

Anyway, I originally thought homesickness would be an intense hit that would fade into periods of non-existence.

Boy was I wrong.

I have never experienced sustained homesickness and I hate how debilitating it is. Who knew that I would miss Tofutti Cuties so much that not even a Newman’s Own Dark Orange Chocolate could cut the edge?

I know now that I could never have prepared for this level of homesickness intensity. Still, I wish I had figured out a way to bring over a box of Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs cereal and some soy milk. I think a taste of home (accompanied with a couple hours of family/friends hugging) would really hit the spot.