Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Real Vacation



Like most Americans, my idea of a vacation was going to some exotic place (or a normal place chock full of relatives) and trying to cram every sight-seeing, touristy event into an already over-booked schedule.

Well, my friends, my days of American vacationing are over. After spending 12 months serving 24/7 as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I had the opportunity to take an Azer-Vacay (which consists solely of slow walking). A couple friends and I hopped the border to Tbilisi and ate and drank our way through 4 wonderful days of absolute relaxation.

Holy cowpokes, was it amazing! Don't get me wrong, I perused a few tourist shops, gazed a a few unique and beautiful sights, and sampled the delicious local cuisine. Still, for the first time in my 26 years, I took a true vacation. I got to admit, Azerbaijanis are on to something here.