Oh no! What's that? It's huge! It's...it's...it's Löki's hair!
As most of you know, I am trying the o'natural thing with my hair. So far, I am at 5 months sans relaxer (think: reverse perm) and the kink and curls are coming in nicely. I took a picture because it's worth a thousand words and I don't feel like typing.
While I am in transition (|tranˈzi sh ən; -ˈsi sh ən|
noun, Black term for the period of time when one stops relaxing their hair and before they cut off all the old relaxer/ texturaizer/ etc), I have decided to take the "No Heat" challenge and will not be applying direct heat to my hair after September 21, 2008.
In addition, I have been trying out organic shampoos and conditioners (among other things) to find the best Löki Hair Care Regime (gotta pamper my stressed out tresses). So far, this is what I have found:
- Best clarifying rinse: 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar to 2 parts water (add about a tablespoon of honey)
- Best shampoo: Alpenglow Shampoo Bar
- Best conditioner: Alba Coconut Milk Extra-Rich Hair Conditioner
- Best shampoo & conditioner set: Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner
- Best Leave-In Treatment: Giovonni Leave-In Treatment
- Best Anit-Frizz Treatment: CHI Silk Infusion & Giovonni Frizz Be Gone