Monday, January 17, 2011

I really do like lines.

As I may have mentioned before, this blog is not meant for me to spout my political beliefs like a raging lunatic. Mostly, this blog is about my Peace Corps service experience, with a little of my cooking experimentation throw in...however, there are times when political-like things grab my attention and I want to share it with you, my faithful readers.

So, it goes something like this:
I see my job here as to help young people develop critical thinking skills and find ways to contribute to the development of their country. I find this job hard because, well, for any of you teachers out there, as you may know, young people are a difficult audience. Most days I am lucky if one young person gives me the time of day when I go off on my, "stop throwing trash on the ground!" rant.

At any rate, I happened across this news article on Radio Free Europe [link] and was blown away by these young people stepping up and making a difference! Pretty neat, if you ask me.

[New blog format prevented this video from being viewed properly. Please visit the link below to view the original video.]

For more information (and for an English description), visit New Azerbaijani Youth Group Aims at "Positive Change" [link].