Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why I Like Azerbaijan

I feel like I have been complaining a lot.

I guess it is just that time of the...month? Service? Lökiness?

PCVs have no qualms about complaining about service, but we usually do it to each other. This is for a variety of reasons, the most obvious being we get it. It is hard to explain what it is, but when you live it, you understand it.

That doesn't mean I won't try and explain what it is to you. Obviously, I can get bogged down in the frustrating it, but there are definitely the awesome its that keep me going everyday; the its that have me thinking about applying for an extension, and that make me wake up every morning thankful I am here doing what I am doing.

So the counterbalance all the negative its I've been throwing at you, here are some positive ones:
Az friends (Könül, Timur, Shahane, Naile, Ema, Fariz, Rena, Sakina, Ibanez Xanim, Ulviyye, and mo)
PC friends
PC staff (the awesome Baku team that rocks it)
A great apartment (even if all the showers are lukewarm)
Free time (I am now trying to figure out how to dry persimmions)
Service projects (my photo grant is rockin' and my summer Z'Art camp project is gaining speed)
The return of Number 1 (thanks Liana!)
Lots of time for guitar practice
Guests & CouchSurfers
And of course, the opportunity to blog about it all!