Monday, December 8, 2008

All Good Things...

In less than a week, I’m off to my newest home and I’m a little scared.

Weird huh? I’ve moved literally halfway around the world and now I’m scared about moving a few hundred kilometers.

Yet, I am. Living at my training site has gotten cozy. I’ve got a set schedule. I am learning at a steady pace. I’ve made some friends. I can meet work expectations with few minor glitches. Everything is pretty radtacular.

Nevertheless, soon I’m going to be one of five Americans living in a region 37 times the size of Nome. I’m expected to be a representative of my country and culture. I’m expected to adapt and to assimilate. I’m expected to succeed.

You’d think I would have thought about this all before I put pen to paper... and I did, but when faced with the realities of it, boy does it get real.

Good thing I brought all my Star Trek TNG dvds. I could used a little advice from the Enterprise 1701-D crew.