Saturday, December 6, 2008

Amerikan Bayrama

Holidays are a big deal in Azerbaijan (hence why I want you to send me holiday cards) and whether you believe in Jesus or the Giant Spaghetti Monster, voted for McCain or OBAMA!, almost all Americans get festive for a little turkey and some pumpkin pie!
Obviously, Thanksgiving isn’t celebrated here in Azerbaijan, but that didn’t stop any of us from getting together to celebrate overeating and or discuss highlights from ESPN.com.So, in honor of Thanksgiving, I’ve made a brief list of things I am thankful for:
  • The season collection of TNG;
  • Titanium cups and sporks named Pat;
  • Parents with disposable incomes which allow for shipments of books and chocolate;
  • A sister who puts up with my costly text messages;
  • Friends who plan international trips;
  • New friends who invite me to improvised holiday dinners;
  • Host families, host organizations, Alekpr and Vafa;
  • Text messaging; and finally,
  • Nasal decongestant and cough drops.
Azǝrbaycanda Amerikan Bayramadır.