Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Document This


As a former Girl Scout, I am a big fan of preparedness. As you can see (i.e. the point of this blog), I like to think things through and make informed, if not overly researched decisions. That's why, I have dedicated this next week to preparing my Living Will and Power of Attorney documents.

A Living Will is a written statement explaining a person's desires regarding their medical treatment in circumstances in which they do not have the ability to express informed consent. Mine is pretty straight forward: pull the plug.

A Power of Attorney document is a legal document giving the authority to act for another person in specified or all legal or financial matters.
I am giving ultimate control to my sister, Liana.

So there's that...I am not sure what else I need in terms of legal protection...any ideas?