Thursday, May 22, 2008

All Grown Up


For those of you who don't know, I have a younger sister. This past weekend, she graduated from college. And not just any college - she graduated from Occidential. This is the same college a soon-to-be President attended before transferring to Columbia.

I, being true to my namesake, surprised her with an impromptu visit to Los Angeles. I had a great time. I barely slept and spent my days in breath-taking heat (literally, the combination of smoke and sun is killer).

Did I mention there was no shade in the Greek Colosseum where Liana graduated and it was a record setting temperature of 108? Monday I woke up with my third-ever sunburn and hopped on a plane back to Alaska.

(p.s. I also left my camera and cell phone in LA, so you all will have to wait for pictures. This picture is for you Liana)