Sunday, April 20, 2008

Take A Picture, It Will Last Longer


This post is dedicated to the super greats: Uncle John, Uncle Bob and Aunt Gale.

Woo-Hoo! My awesome relatives bought me my first Peace Corps going-away present: A Canon PowerShot 7.1MP Digital ELPH. This wicked sweet camera is perfect! It even says "mega pixels" on the box (and you know mega pixels means the good stuff).

After tearing open the box, my initial review of its features include:
1. It's point and shoot (thank the Prime Directive for idiot-proof technology);
2. It has a huge LCD screen (I can't wait to show young kids their pictures immediately);
3. You can hook it right up to a photo printer (I am adding this to my packing list as I recently learned most people in unindustrialized countries do not have pictures of themselves); and
4. It has a rechargeable battery!

Thanks Uncle John, Uncle Bob and Aunt Gale! You guys are the best great uncles and aunts ever!