Monday, April 14, 2008

Knittin' Busy


I am having trouble imagining life without internet, CSI and large second-hand bookstores.   I thrive on stimulation, but am pretty capable of slowing down and doing quiet activities.  That's why, after reading several PC Volunteer blogs, I realized I would need to create my own entertainment to stay out of the boredom blues.

Even better, with my interim job at Kawerak, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time in small, rural Alaskan communities confined to the local school because of freezing temperatures and a community night life of zilch.  

So, I have caught up on my reading (I just began Upton Sinclair's Oil), watched four seasons of Star Trek The Next Generation and taken up knitting.  I can picture it now, thousands of socks and mittens covering my bungalow in Figi*.

*Don't get your hopes up.  I still have no idea where I will be sent.