Friday, April 4, 2008

I've Got the Munchies


Visiting a different country does strange things to one's bowels. Imagine what moving there will do...

Although, this thought is not enough to keep me up at night, I am a bit concerned about access to food. Food outside the US is not as abundant (Americans horde), but from what I have read so far, people are always willing to share. In addition, since an estimated 75% of the world's population is lactose intolerant, I am pretty secure in the belief I will be able to eat almost anything set in front of me.

Still, I am a little worried about those odd days where I cannot find my next meal. Good thing I am a regular reader of Uncrate, a shopping blog that offers manly men a chance to check out manly things and shop online (oxymoronic statement anyone?). A recent Uncrate post described an energy bar company that custom builds energy bars to suite any person's tastes.

You Bar allows a customer to "Build-A Bar" or order "Popular Bars". This super neat website even suggests great "Gift Ideas" for those of us who know people who like organic energy bars, but don't have the patience to pick all the options that go into creating a custom energy bar.

This awesome website allows for my two favorite things: cooking and creativity! I getting stoked about experimenting with a couple orders of You Bar before making my big Peace Corps order this fall (this is your warning, taste tester friends).