Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Can't Feel My Feet


For those who didn't know, I am working for Kawerak, Inc. on a State grant called the Youth First Initiative. The goal of the grant is to assist youth in the Bering Strait region in identifying career goals and post-secondary training/ educational opportunities.

The grant requires me to travel to all 15 Bering Strait School District school sites. That means over the next few weeks, I am going to spend a lot of time in very little planes (shout out to Bering Air!). I am also going to live in recycled and recyclable Patagonia Capilene 4 long underwear, small outdoor business Solstice snowpants and size 5 bunny boots.

What is my point? I hope the Peace Corps sends me somewhere cold. I am spending a small fortune on devices aimed at keeping my toesies warm and my hiney heated.