Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome to the World of Waxing (Men, you can skip this installment)

Welcome girls to Löki's World of Hair Removal.

I know, I know. You may ask yourself, "Why the heck is Löki writing about this?" and I do not have an answer, so I am going to skip that question.

Removing hair in Peace Corps is...expensive.

Yes, I said it. Expensive. Before we even get to the hauling of water, the heating of water, the standing in the tub of heated water, let's talk about the purchasing of the razor and shave gel. After an extensive search, I have just one question:
Where in the world can I find non-Axe shave gel in Azerbaijan????? I do not want to smell like a adolescent boy all day.
With no answer in sight, I threw a mini-fit. In this mini-fit rage, I decided to internet research hair removal methodologies and lo and behold, I found this:

Amy's Sugar Waxing Videos [link]

After a few rounds of experimenting, I found I like using strips best, but hey. To each their own.

At any rate, this method worked, it was low (low) in pain, and I only have to do it once or twice a month. Cheap, easy, and I do not smell like a 21 year old Azerbaijani boy. Score.