Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not a Packers Fan But...

I still bet on them. I mean, my long love affair with the Bills [link] still exists, but honey...I be po' and I like winning.

So...along with my blind spread (thanks Mathias for teaching me how to do that) and a side bet or two, I cleaned up with SuperBowl XLV.

Plus, I got to spend an uncomfortable few hours with a bunch of people I barely now (see Rae's blog [link] about extending and my comments [link] about Az8s if you don't know what I am talking about).

That - the uncomfortable hours - was...well, uncomfortable. It is hard breaking into a new group. It is really hard breaking into a new group that is still solidifying their own friendships and figuring out their role in this whole crazy thing. It is hard when you don't have any inside jokes or a buddy to hang with. I mean, I am pretty sure I looked like a weird freaky loner the whole time.

Which, if you know me, is probably the weirdest situation I have ever found myself in. I think I am overly personable and rather open, but that doesn't always play when you are in the 'Corps.

So, I guess my point is that even in year 3, I am still out of my element and struggling. It is so totally weird.