Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peace Corps Mission (A Review)

Aight. Before I start taking about Peace Corps week (March 1 - March 7)...let's review.

What is the mission of Peace Corps?

Well, if you hit up the Peace Corps website [link], you'll find a brief and direct mission. I think it was written this way so that PCVs could translate it into whatever language they need to with ease. It goes: 

1. Help people in interested countries to meet their need for trained men and women.
2. Promote a better understanding of Americans.
3. Promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans.
Through my continued projects (Z'Photo Club, Z'Art Camp, GLOW, convo clubs, computer classes, and my hopefully implemented world wide web course and social networking 101) I am getting goal 1 done.

My goal 2, although a bit more vague, is always in action (visit "Adapting" [link]).

And goal 3, well, that's why I blog.

Any questions?

Note: Picture is of me learning to make xengel with my friend Könül and her mom. If I want to eat, I gots to do goal 2.