Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh My Gosh...the Beaches!

Of course, you can't visit Thailand without fitting in some hardcore beach time.

My first Thai beach - Ko Chang! Holy smokes is all I can say. White sand beaches, warm smiling people, delicious pina coladas (in the coconut!)...life was perfect. One of my favorite places: Bang Bao. If I could recommend a beach for any beach nut out there - Ko Chang is it.

And I should know - we also went to Ko Samui! This island paradise was a bit more touristy than Ko Chang, but still offered a relaxing atmosphere where I worked on my tan for half a day (don't worry Mom. Aggie made sure I put on sunblock when I started looking a little red)!


Yup - my beach time was well spent. I have come to realize that vacating isn't just about doing all the things you can, but also about taking a moment to relax and enjoy a slower place. Odd, that I woke up around 6 a.m. every morning, but I blame that on Meghan and her darn internal clock.