- ⅔ cup sugar, light brown
- ⅓ cup sugar, granulated
- 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon allspice, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon ginger, juice, grate & make with a garlic press
- 2 cups pie pumpkin, fresh, roast and puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup whipping cream, heavy
- 1 9-inch pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together the 8 ingredients. Add pumpkin, molasses, ginger juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until fully combined and then add the whipping cream. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Pour mixture into pie shell and place on a preheated cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F and then lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutesor just until the center of the pie has set. Remove and allow to cool at room temperature.
4. Refrigerate until ready to eat and serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.