Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The best part: My Peps!

Yup. The best part of my vacation was my friends. Sounds weird, but we could have gone to Siberia and I would have been just as excited. 30 days with six awesome people - what more could a girl ask for?

So, what made this better than any other group gathering? Well...go with me for a minute...

Leaving everything you know and that you are comfortable with is probably not as hard as you think. Living without it for 27 months is harder than anything you could ever imagine. Planning for Thailand, preparing for Thailand, leaving for Thailand, that's got me through the down days. Knowing that I would be spending 30 days with people who love me despite my Star Trek obsession, my love for everything orange, and my foot-in-mouth wacky comments, was what made the bad days bearable.

Thailand was incredible because I shared it with 6 of the best people in the world. Well, that and the constant flow of shrimps and piggy.