Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Holistic Remedies

I have to admit, I am a bit anal retentive. I like the spick and span, the well-ordered, the methodical.

I also know when enough is enough. I understand that a certain level of germ is acceptable, even wanted. I am a big probiotic fan and support natural remedies well above any chemically enhanced pill.

I am also a Googler. Which, combined with my love of clean and my passion for herbal cures, gets me into a search engine frenzy when I come across a problem.

My newest issue: fleas. My house has got a couple and barring chemical bombing my apartment, what can I do? Well, I can:
  1. Vacuum a lot (great, I got no vacuum)
  2. Dehumidify (great, no dehumidifier and it is hot and steamy in Zaq); or
  3. Use salt, boric acid and consume a table spoon of apple cider vinegar everyday (this, I can do!)
So, with that in mind, my house gets a regular sprinkling of salt (which I sweep up a few hours later), I am searching for boric acid and I drink a cup of tea with a little ACV in it every night (this stuff is great for a variety of reasons).

2nd world countries are interesting places.

(Update: Newest problem: cockroaches)