Saturday, April 11, 2009

It Just Takes One

I recently received an email asking how you (rhetorically speaking) at home can contribute to Peace Corps efforts in Az. I know, I know, I should have written this post a long time ago, but it never crossed my mind. Silly, I know.

At any rate, here are some ideas. I will update it as projects arise. The list is of all PCVs’ projects, not just mine. Bolded items are my personal projects. Anything else, email me and I will get you in contact with the right PCV (last updated 11/1/2009):
  • Softball: A few years ago, PCVs started softball teams in several of the regions. Donations of equipment are greatly appreciated.
  • Photography books, guides, websites, etc. (PCPP grant to come!)
  • Art Supplies: Look for more information regarding my summer 2010 Z'Art Camp - (looking for yarn, knitting needles, construction paper, scissors, glue, sparkles, knitting patterns, notebooks, pens, pencils, drama books, etc)
  • Kids Books: An Az6 PCV is looking for anyone interested in donating a fair amount of easy to read kids books (for young kids). Hit me up for an email!
  • English Resources: If you have books (pre-teen to teen level), any PCV would love to off-load them for you. Dictionaries and Thesauruses are great too (older editions welcome!).
  • Green Living: PCVs have started an Environmental Committee to bring green living to Azerbaijanis. Check out the EC’s blog [link]for more information.
  • GLOW & ABLE: These leadership camps are for Azerbaijani young women and young men respectively. Anything and everything under the sun is needed.
  • Office Supplies: PCVs constantly need basic office supplies (copy paper, tape, scissors, post-its, markers, pens, blank cds, paper clips, index cards, etc).
For more info on In Kind Donations for Peace Corps Volunteers, please visit In Kind Donations [link], located on the Peace Corps website.

P.S. Thanks Leo!