Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Personal Reflection

At 4 months in (excluding PST), PCVs are given the opportunity to move out of their host family’s homes and into independent housing. As many of you know, in addition to moving out, I am also moving sites (to a village right outside Zaqatala).

Preparing to leave my host family is an exciting and an equally taxing event. I am giddy with the prospect of spending quiet, down time alone. I am ecstatic about cooking for myself. I am thrilled because I plan to walk around my house in shorty shorts.

Yet, at the same time, I am incredibly sad. I will be losing my direct line to Az life. I love my host family, our late-night dance parties, the visiting family members, and the rambunctious rough-housing.

Ug...I guess my point is that living with a host family at the age of 25 is a bit much...but it was well worth it.