Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is in the Air

Remember those things called conversation clubs? The great ways to introduce yourself to your community and get an inside peak into the hearts and minds of your target population?

Well, I do several of these a week and each one is different. One of my newest clubs has a pretty relaxed structure and often involves just the group of us sitting around yapping about current events or cultural differences.

During a recent meeting, my site mate commented that his sleeping habits have been on the fritz and he could not figure out why. Several students began to explain an Az belief regarding spring and I thought it was pretty neat. Here’s what they said (paraphrased of course):

Because spring means nature is waking, it needs energy. Nature takes the energy from people and that is why many people have problems sleeping during spring.

I don’t know about you, but it sounds on par to me.