Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hair Update #4

For those on the “outside”, let’s catch you up-to-date:

I am a multiracial. I have really, really, really curly hair. From (approximately) age 7 I have relaxed my hair (think reverse perm); however, prior to moving to Az, I decided to stop relaxing and embrace the kink - and embrace it I have.

I am not sure I could adequately describe the monstrosity that has become my hair, so here are a couple pics for illustration.

Here’s me fresh out of the shower. As you can see, my hair has grown. If I pull a kink, it goes to about my chin (thanks Sarah for the wicked sweet shirt).

Wakey-wakey. Here’s me first thing in the a.m., looking hot in my hair styling coif. Every evening, I roll my hair, sleep on it, and wake up looking wicked weird.

And this last picture showcases my traditional style, a curly fro [link]. I am not sure what I am going to do the longer this all gets (taking suggestions), but for now, this works (my 7 year old host bro took the picture).

P.S. I have started rocking the dual french braids and a pointy-tail on really bad hair days.