Thursday, December 16, 2010

Things that make it feel like Christmas when you live in a secular-Muslim Country:

1. Elf [link]: Seriously, the best holiday movie ever!
2. Food Network's 12 Days of Cookies e-newsletter [link]
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas [link]
4. Nutcracker the Motion Picture as performed by the Pacific Northwest Ballet (you can find this amazing version on iTunes for $9.99!)
5. Homemade holiday iTunes playlists including Bing Crosby & David Bowie, The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Mariah Carey, Eartha Kitt, Lena Horne, Ella Fitzgerald, Straight No Chaser, and Frank Sinatra
6. Christmas episodes of your favorite American t.v. shows (I'm talking about Community [link], Modern Family [link],and Glee [link])
7. Peace Corps Christmas parties; and, of course,
8. Holiday packages from friends and family back home.

This is my third Christmas away from home, with one more to go...but, it ain't so bad. My friend Lori (who's got about 6 inches on me) hung snowflakes in my apartment and a group of us have already made snicker-doodles (those were for you Tom, I remember they are your favorites :) ).