Sunday, December 19, 2010

Flu Symptoms?

For some reason, I have been craving mayonnaise [link]. I am not sure why. I think it may be a belated flu symptom, as for the last three days, I have been ridiculously nauseous.

Anyway, the point being, I've been craving mayonnaise, so this morning, I decided to do something about it. Along with my cup of applesauce (the only thing I've been able to eat this last week), I had a cupful of stolichni salad. So far, craving fed and I feel okay.

Stolichni Salad
2 medium potatoes
2 medium carrots
2 eggs
2 medium cucumbers (or pickles)
1 cup canned peas, drained
1 cup shredded chicken (obviously cooked)
2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat, bring the potatoes, carrots and eggs to a boil. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and peel everything. Dice potatoes, carrots, eggs and peeled cucumbers into really tiny cubes. Combine with peas, chicken, mayo, dill, and season to taste. Chill and serve with bread (or sans bread, it is up to you.)