Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sometimes, It's Weird.

Right now, I am sitting in my bedroom-slash-living room, next to my mid-sized space heater, typing on my computer and I am experiencing that "I'm a PCV" feeling.

It's weird.

Ugh. I wish I could explain it to you. You'd know it if you've ever been a PCV. You pause, look to your right, then to your left, listen for a moment, and it hits you, you're a PCV living thousands of miles from home, in some polar opposite [from America] country, and you've [enter text here - just celebrated your second birthday in country, ate some smuggled-in bacon, read an email that made you tear up...].

That does not do the feeling justice. It really isn't a whole lot and it goes away in about twenty seconds. It's just...during those 20 seconds everything feels awfully surreal.