Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My 27th Birthday Adventure

(Disclaimer: I loved, loved the people I spent my birthday with...I just could have cared less for the circumstances of getting to where those people where...)

5:30 a.m.: Woke up to participate in my first RD 625 audio-correspondence course.
9:00 a.m.: Site mates arrived at my house bearing instant coffee and flowers.
12:15 p.m.: Departed from my house.
12:35 p.m.: Hit up a small market in front of the bus station. A local store owner bought me Pringles and a can of Pepsi. He also kissed me three times on the cheek. Uncomfortable.
12:44 p.m.: Learned that the buses going through Shamaxi were sold out.
12:52 p.m.: Talked into taking a bus to another location.
1:00 p.m.: Left Zaqatala.
3:15 p.m.: Was dropped off by a mini-bus at a fork-in-the-road. Made a futile search for a toilet.
3:17 p.m: Picked up by three guys going to Agdash.
3:17:10 - 4:00 p.m.: Propositioned by said men and experienced a death defying high-speed Lata chase to Agdash.
4:01 p.m.: Was dropped off in Agdash.
4:08 p.m.: Called Mathais and updated him on our progress.
4:12 p.m.: Caught a bus going through Shamaxi.
5:45 p.m.: Stopped right outside of Shamaxi for a tea break. Annoying.
6:12 p.m.: Arrived in Shamaxi and proceed to walk up a very steep hill. Was called some rather unpleasant (and uncreative) names.
6:34 p.m.: Met up with Emma and walked to her house (awesome accommodations).
8:30 p.m.: Ate some DELICIOUS pot pie.
10 p.m.: Ate some even more DELICIOUS apple crisp. Listened to the most beautiful birthday speech ever.
11:10 p.m.: Began to lose in a round of Trivial Pursuit.
12:30 p.m.: Lost in Trivial Pursuit.
1 ish: Went to bed.

(Since then, had an awesome birthday party as a result of a box the Team sent me! Thank you so much guys.)