Friday, July 16, 2010

So What Exactly Do I Do All Day

I bet you all thought I would never answer this question.

Well, I get up. Usually around 7:30 a.m. as it gets too hot to sleep.

I make coffee and straighten up my apartment. I've become a bit...obsessive about the cleanlessness. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I live in less than 600 square feet of space.

I drink my coffee and begin wishing for a second pot (I am working on delayed satisfaction. Two cups of coffee today means coffee for tomorrow).

Most mornings, I draft emails, plan club activities, work on graphic stuff, and outline my day activities. I find it best to be organized. If I leave my house without the necessary items, there is no way in God's green Earth I am returning to my apartment. Two daily treks to and from my house cause me to sweat too much.

Around 10:30 a.m., I leave my house and hit up the local IREX center, check out other clubs (Jessica has several things going on), meet with students, print materials, talk with the local post office lady, etc.

At 4, I have my major clubs. Some days, I meet with a group of young women at 6:30 p.m.

Around 7:30 p.m. (after clubs and guesting and Könül's or my host fam's houses), I head home. If I have guests, I make dinner. If it is just me, I fry potatoes or eat popcorn.

Around 10:30 p.m., I hit the hay.