Monday, November 3, 2008

Bir Ay!

Bet you have no idea what this title means. Don’t sweat it, I got this one...it means...*drum roll*... one month! That’s right, I’ve got enough lingo under my belt to spell and say bir ay and mean it!

Actually, a few weeks ago I took my mid-training LPI (Language Proficiency Indicator) and received a great score of Intermediate-Low. That’s pretty radtacular for a person who’s had been at this for less than a month.

On another note, guess what I’ve been doin’ this last month?! Being a PCT in AZ!! That’s right! Bir ay is a celebratory phrase for my first month of service. You’d think that at this point, my excitement would have simmered down to a slow boil, but it hasn’t. I can’t wait for tomorrow as I will learn one of two great things: my permanent site placement and of course, who’s the President-Elect of our great country. Woo-hoo for awesome events!

P.S. If you are reading this and the days make no sense to you, I am 13 hours ahead of you Alaska folks, which makes your November 4 my November 5.