Sunday, October 16, 2011

FINALLY - A post about Ukraine!

Okay. Here I go. I am sorry it took me so long to write this post, but there were a few technical difficulties.
  1. My wallet was stolen.
  2. My camera was inside my wallet.
  3. I had to replace my custom made Etsy wallet [link].
  4. My friend had to email me pictures (Internet access, firewalls, and all).

Yup. Those were the difficulties. Of course, it did not help that my camera was taken in the first 2 days of my trip. What a way to make a birthday weekend spiral downward into a pit of despair...

Anyway, Ukraine was pretty darn neat. My friend Gio and I started off in Kiev and hopscotched our way to a few other key locations (Odessa and Lviv), with a day-trip to Sevastopol. Although I did not want to leave, I felt 2 weeks was a great amount of time to get a flavor for the country. The hostels were great and I very much enjoyed the change-up in culture and scenery. The backpacking scene was fantastic and we met some good people along the way. My only regret was (well, two if you count my stupidity with my wallet) not having a more solid grasp of restaurant Russian vocab, but eh. It just gives me more incentive to really get cracking on the books now.

All pictures courtesy of Gio G.