Thursday, May 21, 2009

And it starts...[tear]

Az5 is COSing this week. COSing? Sounds painful.

And it is. Well, at least for me. COS or Close of Service is the time when a PCV group prepares for their last few months as Volunteers. Medical tests, language competency exams, returning borrowed equipment - these are all aspects of COS and over the next 3 months, Az5 will be preparing their lives for Americana re-entry.

Just the idea of Az5 leaving scares the beegeezes out of me. It sounds like a major suck up, but these kids are my rocks. At 24 months in country, Az5 is still rockin’ out and have a great time. They’ve got the system down and know exactly what trees to shake to get results. What am I going to do without my instigators? my sympathetic ears? my institutional knowledge?

Oi.

P.S. I bet you didn't know that ultimate frisbees make great platters.