Monday, March 14, 2011

A crappy week.

Sorry guys. I know I have been a little out of it the last week or so and I would love to tell you what has been going on, but...

That can't happen.

Unfortunately, there are often times as a PCV that
  1. You have no idea what is making you so sad; and/ or,
  2. You can't describe what it is to people back at home; and/or
  3. It is inappropriate for you to blog/ email / or write about it.
Of course, being PCV is a strain. Emotionally, it is a roller coaster of craziness. Everything is maximized. I find myself crying at YouTube videos of kittens. I stopped watching anything above a PG-13 rating eons ago because I can't handle the content. I gave up American television for Lent because I found myself projecting onto the characters and was genuinely upset that Finn and Rachel just won't stay together.

Yup. That happened.

And it seems silly. You want to call your bestie and tell them that your dang refrigerator has broken for the THIRD freaking time, but that means nothing to them. They have no idea what it means to you to have your kitchen a mess, not being unable to cook because all your counter space is currently occupied with your dozens of cooking sauces, and the refrigerator repair guy telling you to wait until after the upcoming 10 day spring break.

And then, some things are just inappropriate to blog about. Unfortunately, blog readers get a rather washed down, sanitary version of PC life.

So, it has been a crappy week. My next blog post will be about what I do when I have a crappy week, but for right now, I am going to be miserable. Sometimes, it is good to own the feelings and just ride it out.